Jeet Kune Do
Code of Ethics
Recognizing that, as members the family of Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do, we are united in the common goals of perpetuating the teachings of the founder, Bruce Lee, and promoting unity among instructors, practitioners and general members, all members agree to abide by the following code of ethics:
1. To always respect and protect the name and image of the founder of Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do, Bruce Lee, and the art that he developed.
2. To have mutual respect for each member and to refrain from making any negative comments about a fellow member. If members have grievances with each other these should be addressed in private or at a meeting of the nucleus and not debated in a public forum.
3. To share philosophical insights and technical knowledge freely with each other in order to further enhance each person's efficiency in the art.
4. To be fully responsible for the actions of your subordinates - assistants, associates, instructors, and employees; to enforce a code of ethics that includes the guidelines set forth in this document. If a member has a problem with a student of another member they are to bring it up with that member for redress.
5. To have respect for any other discipline a member may be involved in outside of Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do. In other words, if a member studies another martial art, their ability should be highly regarded; however, another art should not be referred to as Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do.
Membership in Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do
General membership in June Fan Jeet Kune Do is available to any and all who support the goal of maintaining the integrity of the art of Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do as taught, practiced, and recorded by its founder, Bruce Lee, and of preserving and perpetuating the art for the benefit of future generations.
Responsibilities of membership include:
1. To abide by the code of ethics.
2. To willingly share information about JFJKD responsibly and accurately.
3.To refrain from negative criticism of other arts and practioners and instructors thereof.
A general member is not certified or recognized as an instructor or practitioner of Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do. A general member may not use the JFJKD name to promote themself, their business, or any commercial products. Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do is a registered trademark of the Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do non-profit corporation. Funds received by JunFan Jeet Kune Do are used to further the goals of the organization. General members will receive a membership card, an official JFJKD emblem pin, a member handbook, a quarterly newsletter, and participation in the Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do Annual meeting for members only, as well as various activities of the organization.
Those seeking instruction in the art of Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do should contact the Nucleus for a recommended teacher. Certification to instruct is not a function of Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do, the certification process is handled by individual instructors and their students.
All of the above information was taken from a Bruce Lee magazine and those people have all the rights n stuff